Tickets: How to create and edit tickets
In this article, learn everything about setting up tickets on Viewcy. You can create 4 different types of tickets: free tickets, paid tickets, multi entry passes, and festival passes. In this article we'll go through and describe each type of ticket and how it can be used.
Finding the tickets section for my event
To find the tickets tab,
- Open your event page, and make sure you are logged in.
- If you created this event on behalf of an organization, open the organization first, and there you will find the event.
- Click / tap on details
- Open the Tickets tab.
- Free tickets
- These are great for collecting RSVP's and registrations.
- Paid tickets
- These tickets have a price.
- Fees can be absorbed by the event creator or passed on to the ticket buyer.
- Multi Entry Pass
- i.e. 10 class card.
- When creating this ticket you set "how many times can people attend an event with this pass?" For example, enter "10" for a 10 class card.
- This ticket can be applied to multiple events. If you are producing a concert series and want to sell a 3 event pass and apply it to multiple events, people purchasing this ticket will buy 3 credits to apply to other events.
- Festival Pass
- A festival pass is for when you have a multi event festival, and you want to sell a single ticket that gives entry to the entire series. For example, if you have a 5 day music festival with 5 different ticketed events, you can create a festival pass that grants entry to all 5 events.
- Purchasers of this ticket will be added to the guest list to all 5 events, and receive 5 tickets in their confirmation email.
Attributes common to all ticket types are:
- Ticket name
- This is what people see when they buy a ticket.
- i.e. General Admission, RSVP, Early Bird, etc...
- Available Quantity
- This is how many of a particular ticket is available.
- You can set this to unlimited, or set a fixed amount of available tickets.
- Start sales
- This is when the ticket becomes available. If you want some tickets to go on sale at a particular date, enter that date here.
- By default, this is set to start immediately.
- End sales
- This is when tickets should stop being available.
- If you want these tickets to be available after the event starts, be sure to set this to end after the event.
- Standard vs. Secret ticket.
- Standard tickets are normal tickets and publicly available.
- Secret tickets require a secret code. Secret tickets are a great way to set up discount codes.