Tickets: How to create tickets
In this article, you will learn everything about setting up tickets on Viewcy. You can create 5 different types of tickets: free tickets, paid tickets, multi-entry passes, festival passes, and add-on.
In this article, we'll go through and describe each type of ticket and how it can be used.
How to create tickets:
Open a Viewcy event that you manage and click on details and open the tickets tab.
There are 5 different types of tickets:
1. Free tickets
- These are great for collecting RSVPs and registrations.
2. Paid tickets
- These tickets have a price.
- Fees can be absorbed by the event creator or passed on to the ticket buyer.
3. Multi-Entry Pass
- When creating this ticket you set "How many times can people attend an event with this pass?" For example, enter "10" for a 10-plus card.
- This ticket can be applied to multiple events. If you are producing a concert series and want to sell a 3-event pass and apply it to multiple events, people purchasing this ticket will buy 3 credits to apply to other events.
4. Festival Pass
- A festival pass is for when you have a multi-event festival, and you want to sell a single ticket that gives entry to the entire series. For example, if you have a 5-day music festival with 5 different ticketed events, you can create a festival pass that grants entry to all 5 events.
- Purchasers of this ticket will be added to the guest list for all 5 events, and receive 5 tickets in their confirmation email.
5. Add-on tickets
- This type of ticket is for selling products like food, parking passes, or other add-ons. Purchasing these products doesn’t affect the total event capacity.
Attributes common to all ticket types are:
- Ticket name
- This is what people see when they buy a ticket.
- i.e. General Admission, RSVP, Early Bird, etc...
- Available Quantity
- This is how many of a particular ticket are available.
- You can set this to unlimited, or set a fixed amount of available tickets.
- Attendance Type
- This is where you specify if it is an in-person or online ticket depending on your event.
- You can create both types for an event separately.
- You can create hybrid events as well.
- Start sales
- This is when the ticket becomes available. If you want some tickets to go on sale on a particular date, enter that date here.
- By default, this is set to start immediately.
- End sales
- This is when tickets should stop being available.
- If you want these tickets to be available after the event starts, be sure to set this to end after the event.
- Standard vs. Secret ticket.
- Standard tickets are normal tickets and are publicly available.
- Secret tickets require a secret code. Secret tickets are a great way to set up discount codes.
To edit/remove/hide existing tickets
Edit : Event organizer can make changes or update the tickets.
Track capacity for each individual ticket on the tickets tab