Tickets: How to create tickets
In this article, you will learn everything about setting up tickets on Viewcy. You can create 4 different types of tickets: free tickets, paid tickets, multi-entry passes, and festival passes. In this article, we'll go through and describe each type of ticket and how it can be used.
How to create Tickets:
Find the tickets tab;
Make sure you are logged in and open the Event Page.
If you created this event on behalf of an organization, open the organization first, and there you will find the event.
- Click / tap on details.
3. Open the Tickets tab.
To edit/remove / hide existing tickets;
1. Go to the details page;
2. Click on the tickets tab:
You will see an ‘Edit’ and ‘Hide/Remove/Delete ’ button at the end or right side of the ticket details.
Hide : Event organizer has the ability to ‘hide’ a ticket tier from the public facing ticket options of the event, this can be undone by selecting 'Unhide'.
Delete : Event organizer can delete the whole ticket tier when no tickets are purchased.
Remove : Event organizer can remove the festival passes tickets.
Edit : Event organizer can make changes or update the tickets.
There are 4 different types of tickets:
1. Free tickets
- These are great for collecting RSVPs and registrations.
2. Paid tickets
- These tickets have a price.
- Fees can be absorbed by the event creator or passed on to the ticket buyer.
3. Multi-Entry Pass
- When creating this ticket you set "how many times can people attend an event with this pass?" For example, enter "10" for a 10-plus card.
- This ticket can be applied to multiple events. If you are producing a concert series and want to sell a 3-event pass and apply it to multiple events, people purchasing this ticket will buy 3 credits to apply to other events.
4. Festival Pass
- A festival pass is for when you have a multi-event festival, and you want to sell a single ticket that gives entry to the entire series. For example, if you have a 5-day music festival with 5 different ticketed events, you can create a festival pass that grants entry to all 5 events.
- Purchasers of this ticket will be added to the guest list for all 5 events, and receive 5 tickets in their confirmation email.
Attributes common to all ticket types are:
- Ticket name
- This is what people see when they buy a ticket.
- i.e. General Admission, RSVP, Early Bird, etc...
- Available Quantity
- This is how many of a particular ticket are available.
- You can set this to unlimited, or set a fixed amount of available tickets.
- Attendance Type
- This is where you specify if it is an in-person or online ticket depending on your event.
- You can create both types for an event separately.
- You can create hybrid events as well.
- Start sales
- This is when the ticket becomes available. If you want some tickets to go on sale on a particular date, enter that date here.
- By default, this is set to start immediately.
- End sales
- This is when tickets should stop being available.
- If you want these tickets to be available after the event starts, be sure to set this to end after the event.
- Standard vs. Secret ticket.
- Standard tickets are normal tickets and are publicly available.
- Secret tickets require a secret code. Secret tickets are a great way to set up discount codes.